Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Latest- Summer 2011

Well, it's been quite awhile since the last post! Things have also been quite busy these last six months. It is July and I have not downloaded any pictures since Christmas. My apologies to those who have been asking or wondering. ;) There has been some technical problems with my computer over the last several months, so I am hesitant to download any new pictures. I think the problem is solved, but I don't know for how long.
I have decided to continue to blog since there will be much exciting news to "blog" about :) I am sure all of you know that Mike and I are expecting Baby Liss #2 in August. This pregnancy has really went by quickly! I found out the news and told Mike around Christmas, so it was as if it were a Christmas present to both of us. I would like to dedicate just as much time on here as I did with little Ella, who, by the way isn't so little anymore!
Speaking of Ella, I don't even know where to begin. She has grown sooo much over the past six months! Ella finally began walking on March 2, 2011. Her vocabulary is increasing weekly and she is amazed at the world around her. She is learning names of various colors currently. "Bru" is her version of blue. Her favorite things to do right now are; collect balloons (her favorite), play with stickers, (her second favorite), color, draw, play with her blocks, wrap her dolls in blankets, play her pink harmonica (which she does with much intensity), and I can't forget swinging on her swing set at Grandpa and Grandma Martin's house in Crown Point.
Ella loves Elmo, about any animal and the Cat in the Hat theme song, "Go, Go, Go" ("doh, doh, doh" in her terms). We go outside where she enjoys running in the yard and pointing and waving to ants - a funny sight. Ella loves to sport her Cubs tee shirt and watch the pitchers on TV. She mimics their actions and "pitches" complete with the leg lift. She did this one day as she watched a game on TV. She can spot the Cubs emblem anywhere. She excitedly says, "Bubs". In our house, being a Cubs fan is part of being a Liss ;)
I am sure Ella will make a wonderful older sister. She is very aware I am carrying a baby in my tummy since every morning, part of her routine is to say, "baby" and hug and kiss my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment